Monday 26 July 2010

Time To Go (almost)

Extranetlogo As some of you might be aware, amongst my other jobs (work, husband, father, etc), I am president of the Gaming Club Network (GCN). This organisation represents over 80 table top gaming clubs in the United Kingdom, playing all sorts of games from Warhammer, Warmachine, Flames of War, to Colllectable Card Games and Board Games (more info on this fine organisation can be found here).

Anyway, three years ago I put myself down to succeed Mike Sharp from Oxford Gaming Club as president; and for the last two and half years I’ve really enjoyed working with the organisation and our member clubs.

However life is change, and work is demanding more and more of my time. As I also need to spend more time with my family, something else has to go. So, with some regret, I will be standing down at the GCN’s next AGM in January. I would to thank all the clubs, activists, and volunteers who have supported and helped me over the years; its been hard work, but great fun and really rewarding.

If anyone is interested in volunteering, please get in contact because I’m not quite gone yet and there still lots of interesting stuff we’re working on.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

P.S. I’m half way through painting my first warjack. Hope to get some piccies up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment