Friday 22 October 2010

Oh well, I lost…

But, it was really really close! Last night (writing this in the wee hours of the morning), I finally got my first game of Warmachine in, and I have to say it was really good fun!

My opponent, (an old friend who have corrupted to play) was using 15 points of Cyrx including Asphyxious, a defiler, a deathriper, a ripjaw and a reaper. Unsurprisingly the stormsmiths lasted  until someone blinked at them, however my two jacks where great, although the Iron Lich all but destroyed my Centurion in close combat (he is very nasty).

On the last turn I threw everything left at Asphyxious (including a super charged Thorn) and he still had four damage boxes left. Unfortunately, the payback on Nemo hurt quite a lot. Still, great game that went right down to the wire. And Dave was very happy because (a) he has maintained his 100% win rate playing Warmachine and (b) it was his first win against me in any system for 13 years (not that anyone was counting).

However next time will be closer still as I get my head around the system and hopefully get some more models finished!

On a vaguely related note, I can now announce that the Legion of Snake Eyes (more about that another time) will be running a Warmachine campaign weekend entitled “Where Sleeping Gods Lie” in the new year (hopefully February). Anyone familiar with the old Dark Stars Warhammer 40000 campaign weekends will recognise the format; although we are planning something a bit more polished and far more narrative driven. More details to follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment